Get ready to learn about the best skincare products!
Put oil on my face?? I know, it seems counter intuitive to rub oil into an oily complexion. But hear me out.
Have you ever wondered why your skin http://cutify.co remains oily, dry or consistently in an unhappy state when you’re using all the oil-free, super moisturizing products to prevent these not-so-fabulous skin situations?
Best Skincare Products: Why Your Current Cleanser is Not-So-Fabulous
Most skincare products contain harsh ingredients that strip and mess with the delicate pH level in our skin. When our skin mantle is disrupted (with the use of these supposed best skincare products) it produces more oil to compensate or dries up like the desert as all the natural oil has been removed. Basically we cleanse which causes an imbalance and then slather on moisturizer to make up for the imbalance- this isn’t a natural process and isn’t necessary for beautiful skin.
What happens when you combine water with oil? It separates and battles against each other. But when oil is combined with oil, it works harmoniously together to dissolve the bad and replace it with the good. Basically the oils work together to remove dirt, build up, impurities and makeup gently and effectively while not disrupting your natural skin balance.
This leaves your skin clean, glowing and clear. I promise- this really works.
I first learned about cleansing with oil, also known as the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM), from the amazing book ‘No More Dirty Looks’ that sheds light on the truth about your beauty products.
As someone who has battled oily skin and acne for a big part of my life, the thought of putting oil on my face freaked me out. Until I tried it… now I couldn’t live without my OCM.
Best Skincare Products: The Best Oils for OCM
There are several oils that can be blended together to create the perfect method for your skin type. It may take a little trial and error, but you’ll quickly figure it out.
Your base should always be Castor Oil. This oil is the most cleansing and dissolving and is also highly antibacterial, which is wonderful for acne-prone skin. It can be slightly drying, so adjust the ratio based on your skin type.
Always choose high quality, organic, cold pressed and unrefined oils for the best results.
Here is a list of the best skincare products in cleansing oils which act as the carrier (what needs to be combined with the castor):
• Apricot Kernel (dry, aging, and normal skin)
• Argan (all skin types, especially aging skin)
• Avocado (dry and aging skin)
• Grapeseed (all skin types, especially oily)
• Jojoba (all skin types, but great for acne-prone skin)
• Olive (all skin types)
• Sweet almond (all skin types, especially oily)
• Sunflower Seed (all skin types)
• Tamanu (all skin types)
Best Skincare Products: The 3 Steps of OCM
1. CREATE: Now it’s time to create the perfect cleanser for you! And how amazing that you get a customized cleanser and save money in the process?
You can use 1-2 carrier oils with the castor to create your combination.
The general rule of thumb is using slightly more castor if you’re oily and less if you’re dry.
• Example for oily acne-prone skin: 2/3 castor oil to 1/3 jojoba oil (2 T castor to 1 T jojoba)
• Example for dry and aging skin: 1/3 castor oil and 1/3 avocado and 1/3 oil (1 T of each)
Once you have the combination that works for you, mix up a batch in a dark glass bottle to have ready to go.
2. CLEANSE: Begin by rinsing your face with warm water, then pour the oil into the palm of your hand and begin to gently massage into your skin in an upward motion for 2 minutes. This ensures all the dirt and grime is being removed. Take deep cleansing breaths as you leave the oil on for about 30 seconds. Might as well make this a relaxing nightly routine!
3. RINSE: Run a washcloth under warm to hot water, wring out and place over your face for 10-15 seconds. Then gently massage the oil off your face with the cloth. Rinse the cloth and repeat until the oil is removed.
Voila! Perfectly clean and balanced skin. You have just found the best skincare products for you!
Depending on your skin type you may want to add a few drops of a carrier oil to moisturize or you may be fine as is. Just pay attention to what your skin needs.
Best Skincare Products: What to Expect
It typically takes a few days for your skin to readjust to being treated with natural products. You may experience a few breakouts, but this is good because it means the bad stuff that was lingering below the surface has come through and will soon be gone.
Most people use this method every other evening. Just be sure to use a non-toxic, non-irritating cleanser in between so to not confuse your skin and mess with the pH levels. You can find great options from Dr. Alkaitis, Annemarie Gianni, Tata Harper and One Love Organics.